Sunday, March 26, 2006

Expanding My Horizons



Currently I'm reading my friend Mary DeMuth's book Watching the Tree Limbs. It is a tough book to read (for me) because it tackles some difficult subject matter. It is masterfully written and has really stretched me emotionally as I have read it. I usually don't read fiction, mainly because I read so much fiction to my children and by the time I get a chance to read for myself I choose biographies or other nonfiction books. Reading this book, though, is causing me to realize the benefit of reading fiction and grappling with issues through created storylines. This has really opened up a world of possibilities for my summer by-the-pool reading list!

1 comment:

Mary DeMuth said...

Thanks for the post about my book! You rock!!!!

So glad to meet your new blog.