- God is my Father. In this chapter Jesus repeatedly refers to Him as "your Father." I'm so glad He emphasizes that. I need to remember that.
- He is in heaven. (v. 1) He is in His rightful place. He is on His throne.
- He sees what is done in secret (v. 4) There is such freedom in knowing that He knows. He knows.
- He will reward me (v. 4) He will. I need not concern myself with the form that reward will take, but I can know that it is coming.
- He knows what I need before I ask Him. (v. 8) Not just what I want but what I truly need.
- He will forgive me (v. 14). He enables me to forgive others and offers that blessed forgiveness to me. What a thought!
- He is in secret (v. 18). His word says not only that He sees what is done in secret, but that He is in secret. He is there.
- He clothes the grass of the field (v. 30) and how that reminds me that He will clothe me as well.
- He knows that I need all "these things" (v. 32) He knows my true needs and is poised to meet them each day.
I have found such peace, stability and quietness of mind throughout each day when I stop and periodically focus on what is true about God. He never changes, and for that I am most thankful.
To read more Thankful Thursday posts or to link your own, visit Laurel Wreath, our sweet hostess for today. Have a terrific Thursday!