Wednesday, May 24, 2006

"I love technology..."

Anyone who overheard me on my cell phone in the grocery store this morning probably thought I was crazy. I was standing in the frozen food section at 9:00 AM saying, "Have a good night sweetie! I love you. Call me in the morning if you can! Sleep well! Night-night!" The connection was crackly, and there was a 5 second delay, but there I stood, talking to China! Bethany sounds great. The three bags that didn't initially make it with the team made it yesterday, so now they have all of their supplies. It's been pouring rain there for the past 3 days, but apparently it was really needed so no one minds. I've talked to her 3 times so far, and each time she is bubbling with excitement over what they're doing and anxious to hear about the Mavs.

Kyle has spent the first part of his first sisterless week playing with friends, doing school, going to tennis, watching Mavericks games, going to the library, and watching "Batman Begins" with mom. He's making it. :)

We used to sing a song in church that said, "The prayers of a righteous one can move mountains, and I need a mountain moved." Mountains of fear and worry have been moved. A mountain of luggage made it to the right destination. There's a 5 week long mountain ahead for me, and by God's grace I'll climb that thing! Thank you to those of you who have prayed in the weeks leading up to this trip and are praying now. Today someone asked me how I felt, and I said... "Prayed for!" Oh, how I pray this will be a mountaintop experience for Bethany.

Well, she's getting up now. Time to make sure my speakers are turned up on my computers and my phones are at my side... just in case. :)

No comments: