Friday, April 24, 2009

Truck &Tooth Pull and Sink Serenade

So at the end of my last post I shared that Minte had tried to pull his tooth a few days ago using his RC monster truck. I was uploading pictures and video this morning and came across the footage... so here it is!

Just before the big moment... the string was tied, he was psyched up and ready. (Oh, and I misquoted him in my post. As you can see in the following video, instead of "1,2,3" he yells "Fie-yah!!!" ("Fire," LOL)...




It ended up just making it bleed worse, and didn't quite accomplish what he thought it would. Not sure he'll ever try that again! But it's something a guy's gotta at least attempt once, I suppose.

Here is another video of lunchtime a couple of weeks ago. The boys were in the kitchen making their lunch and I was in another part of the house. I began to hear music (complete with drums), coming from them and not the iPod dock, so I popped in to listen. Minte was singing a song in another language (besides Amharic) that he spoke as a small child, and Kyle was accompanying him using the nearest "drum" he could find. So, for your listening (and viewing) pleasure, here is their brief lunchtime "sink serenade." (I say "brief" because it ends rather abrubtly. They are starving artists, after all...)




Never a dull moment at our house!

6 comments:

Tricia said...

Okay, we are cracking up over here!! Your boys are SO funny!

Sandy said...

You all are such a cute family.

I enjoy reading of the antics of the boys and a home with children.

There is a lot to be said for a home with children compared with an "empty" nest. It's called an "empty" nest, because it is just that "empty."

I have found other things to fill my life, which is as God wants it, but oh, do I miss the action and activity, the vitality that young life brings into the home each and every time that they enter.

Love & blessings,
Sandy

Amanda said...

Looks like they will be the best of friends and brothers all at the same time.
My brothers still do that and they are 29 and 31. It is still quite funny.

Amber said...

That was funt to watch. Your son is quite the drummer too! Thaks for sharing.

Kristi said...

That is too funny! And just like boys to be playing/singing one minute, starving the next :).

Unknown said...

LOL!!! What a funny -- and FUN -- crew you have!!