Thursday, June 08, 2006

My Jesus, I Love Thee

I just wanted to share the hymn I sang during my quiet time this morning, and that is playing in my head today as my "soundtrack" for the day so far...

"My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art mine;
For Thee all the follies of sin I resign;
My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art Thou;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.
I love Thee because Thou hast first loved me,
And purchased my pardon on Calvary's tree;
I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now."


That last line is what is lingering in my mind the most. I have sung that to Him both aloud and silently, at so many different times in the midst of so many different emotions. What an appropriate thing to say to Him at any time, whether we're celebrating, grieving, sick, healthy, surrounded by loved ones or loney. "If ever I loved Thee..." His grace, mercy and love speaks to every single situation in which I'll ever find myself.
"Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love Thee..." John 21:15

No comments: