Mindy (The CWO Challenge winner! Check out her fun, new look! ) tagged me for the "Show Us Your Purse" one, and Jenny, Tami, and Susanne tagged me for the" 7 Random Things About Yourself" one. It just so happens that I can combine the two!
1. My first random thing about me is that I'm a total purse-aholic. Yes, I live a purse-driven life. I love purses, always have. (Just ask my poor Dad who just about had to buy stock in Dooney and Coach in the 80's.) I think it comes from Luke 12:33 where it says "... provide for yourself purses which will not wear out." I haven't looked it up in the Greek, but I think it means that I should have cute purses. SO, here's my purse:
It's my purse-du-jour, since I'm wearing a pink top. I've seen all sorts of disclaimers on other people's blogs saying, "Don't worry- it's not real!" or "I'd never have bought a real Coach, it was a gift!" Well, I know for sure this one is real because the nice girl who sold it to me in Beijing for fifteen American dollars kept exclaiming to me, "It's real, friend! It's real! Real Coach, friend!" And I know she would not have lied to me. (cough)
From left to right: Sunglasses, mints, Purell, cell phone, wallet, keys, iPod, tablet (inspired by Dr. Sam) and tissues. It was pretty cleaned out, since I just changed into it today. Later when I go to gymnastics with my daughter it will also have homeschool catalogs and a bottle of water in it.
2. I love, love, love to sing. I have memorized all the harmonies to all the Point Of Grace songs in the hopes that someday if they ever need a new POG girl again and should happen to call me, I'll have a leg up. I don't sing anywhere regularly, but God is so faithful to provide me opportunities to sing- I sang at a ladies' retreat for our church once, and recently I sang at our African Partner church. (Though right in the middle of belting out "I Am A Friend Of God" I realized my mike wasn't on. Were they trying to tell me something?)
3. I had heart surgery in my early twenties. I had to have it before I could have children. I had a successful surgery and then went on to have two really easy pregnancies and uneventful births. So, at gatherings when everyone's sharing their blood curdling birth stories, sometimes I have to play the "heart surgery card." (Just kidding.)
4. I love superhero movies, especially Superman. (Although I can't wait to see Spiderman 3! For my son's birthday! Next week!)
5. I am also a flip-flop aholic. Basically, I just want whatever kind of shoes I can have a lot of, which at $2.50 a pair would be... flip flops.
6. Pedicures are one of my favorite things ever. I don't get them on a regular basis, but I would if I could. I LOVE a good pedicure. In another loose (or mis-) application of Scripture, I usually go get one before a mission trip because the Bible says "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news."
7. I sneeze really, really loud. It startles my husband and has made my weenie dog run under the ottoman on more than one occasion.
There it is. Randomness. My son just sat on the couch beside me, glanced at the computer screen, and exclaimed, "Wow! I've never seen what's in your purse before!"
Since these have been all around, I don't know who to tag. But, please play, if you haven't. It's fun. :)
Tag, you're it!