My kids each did the sweetest thing! They each wrote "40 Reasons Why I Love My Mom." (They had to know they would go straight on my blog!) I got some sweet gifts, but none as precious as their words:
Forty Reasons Why I Love My Mom
1. She has raised me in a godly home.
2. She sets a wonderful Proverbs 31 example to me by being an amazing and spiritual mom, wife, teacher and friend.
3. She will stay up past midnight talking to me about everything on my mind, even when she knows she won't be able to sleep the rest of the night.
4. She always sends her "famous" ;-) cookies with me when we go to friends' houses or to events.
5. She homeschools me, and takes the time to strategically plan out everything so that it's not just something I'm forced to learn, but also so that it's something I will enjoy.
6. She cooks fun, delicious, heaping full meals for us each week. YUM!! She is an awesome cook.
7. She talks to her dog, and he talks back. He has a very distinctive voice, surprisingly similar to hers. =)
8. She faithfully drives me everywhere I need to go each week with minimum complaints.
9. She has a love for missions and ministry throughout our church and around the world.
10. She shows love, joy, peace, *patience, kindness, goodness and faithfulness to each of us continuously everyday, even when we don't make it very easy to do. *Especially during school!!
11. She has a heart for music and singing which she has graciously passed down to me.
12. She let me go away to China for 6 weeks without her, an opportunity I will always be thankful I got to take part in. (Not the w/o her part, the China part!)
13. She's a "hip" mom, and all of my friends tell me how cute, young, cool, and fun she is. They're not lying either!
14. She knows ALL of the chat slang nearly every teen uses. Probably more than I do! LOL.
15. She supports me in everything I do.
16. She's a testimony to the fact that you can never have too many shoes!
17. She starts her day with God's word. (And coffee. :-p)
18. She'll make a spreadsheet for anything and can figure out whatever you ask her to on the computer. She's very computer savvy!
19. She knows the need for cuteness on everything.
20. She lets me help pick out my school books and doesn't just shove things at me that I won't like.
21. She has nearly everything imagineable in her iPod. From Van Halen to Sandi Patti, she's got it. Even *gasp* my music!
22. She picked an awesome husband, who is my awesome Dad.
23. She has different voices she doesn't even know about. She has her teacher voice, her prayer voice, and many more. (And I love all of them; none of them are a bad thing!)
24. She loves anybody and everybody even when they don't love her back.
25. She is a GREAT writer.
26. She suffered through months upon months of getting no sleep because of my crying when I was a baby. (Not to mention diaper changes!)
27. She sees the "big picture" when I can't.
28. She gets a pedicure right before mission trips to go right along with the "Beautiful Feet" verse.
29. She buys cute clothes, accidentally shrinks them in the dryer, and then passes them down to me. =)
30. She would do anything for anybody in her family.
31. She planned the best 13th birthday party for me, and it was a blast!
32. She completely re-did my room while I was in Africa on my first trip. I mean, completely!! I LOVE IT to this day.
33. She has brought tons of fun and exciting ideas to our Awana club, and I know that it would not be the same without everything she has come up with. The things she comes up with make it so fun for all of the kids.
34. She is a great nurse when need be.
35. She has so many creative ways to do things for school, and to organize things. She is very creative!!
36. She doesn't freak out if I fall off of something at gymnastics. Freak outs only come when necessary!
37. She gave me the idea for making this because she has done it for two other people turning 50 and 66. She is a very loyal friend to everyone.
38. She has a great way of explaining things that don't always make it to the part of my head which can actually comprehend things.
39. She's not afraid to preach at us if needed.
40. She makes the best iced tea in the world. Everybody loves her iced tea!
41. And one to grow on--- She will always be whoever I need her to be. My mom, my teacher, my best friend, my preacher ;-), my nurse, my shopping bud. She is the best, most godly woman I know!
I LOVE YOU MOM!!!!
Well. Reading this had me in a heap! So, so precious. (I especially loved that she realizes I chauffer her around with "minimum" complaints, and that I only have "freak outs" when necessary. Oh, and I'm "hip." ::ahem:: :) Later in the week I'll share my son's list!
Thank you so much for my birthday wishes. It's truly been a wonderful day!