Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Party of Five

And I DO mean PARTY!
We are celebrating at our house today. We passed court! "M" is officially our son!!! And since he is now officially, legally our son, I can tell you about him and show you pictures!

SO, without further ado... let me introduce you to our precious Ethiopian son, Mintesinot (Min-TESS-i-note):

His name means, "What can he not do?" Isn't he just beautiful? He is 9 years old, and will be turning 10 at the end of September. This is one of my favorite photos that we've received so far.

This is another favorite! We don't know where he got that outrageous hat, but from the looks of this picture he'll fit right in around here... he totally reminds me of Kyle in this photo! (In fact, when Bethany returned home from China, she had brought each of her brothers a funny hat!) The shirt he's wearing is one that we sent him, and the stickers all over the side of his bunk were from us as well. It looks like he used some of the stickers to write his name (in Amharic). Fun!

We are beyond excited. Unspeakably overjoyed. Ecstatic!! I'm sure some coherent words will come to me later, but for now I'm just stunned and overwhelmed with excitement. We are SO glad he's officially in our family. We will find out in the days ahead what our travel schedule will be. We hope to travel as SOON as possible, but it could be anywhere from 3-5 weeks or so. Our case worker is on her way to Addis Ababa even as I type, so she'll be getting back to us with specifics (and MORE pictures and video!!!) very soon.

OH, I'm just so happy. So very, very happy. He's so precious. And he's my son.


We are SO happy to be a "party of five." Yes, I did say "party." Here we are with our Ethiopian Cokes... the perfect beverage for today's celebration!

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart and on behalf of our whole family, for your prayers during this adoption and for this court date. Thank you for checking in on us via this blog and for your comments and emails of support. Knowing you have been praying and are continuing to support us in prayer on this journey blesses each one of us so much.

24 comments:

D said...

Okay! I am sooooooo excited and happy and grateful to God! Yippee!! Congratulations! Welcome to the family, Mintesinot!

Jill said...

Well, I left you a message on FB but I can't help but leave another one here....

WOOOOO-HOOOOO!!!!!!

Thrilled! Ecstatic! Praising Him!

Vickie said...

Praise God from Whom ALL blessings flow !!!!!!!!!!!!

My heart is SO full for your family.

He is PRECIOUS. We can't wait to meet him.

V

Deidre said...

How exciting, Cyndi! Oh, to see his precious face - he's adorable!

I am so thrilled for you and for him. I cannot wait to read how it all unfolds, but what a blessing to know he is yours. I'm continuing to pray for you and your family!

Lori said...

PRAISE GOD. I have been reading your updates and praying. Doing the happy dance with you.

WHAT A BLESSING!!!!

Daisy said...

I'm crying right now -- so overjoyed for you guys! I kept checking your blog throughout the day, and when I saw the date -- Wednesday, July 30, 2008 -- just one scroll down and there was the beautiful picture of your son! God is so, so faithful! It'll be one party after another now -- woohoo! Congratulations and God bless your family -- all FIVE of you!

Linda said...

Big Huge SMILE!! Praise God indeed. His lovingkindness is everlasting. I have a feeling you could fly over the ocean right now without the aid of a plane!
Oh Cyndi, I am so very happy for you. He is just beautiful - he fits perfectly into that family portrait.
Continued prayers.

A said...

So very excited for you and your family!! I can't wait to meet him. Congratulations!!!

melanie said...

He is so handsome! Congratulations! How exciting! My husband and I have been reading a book called There is no me without you by M F Greene. She is from Addis Ababa. We will be praying for the transition with your new son!

Much Ado said...

Wooohooo!!! As I read your post there were tears in my eyes and joy in my heart!!!! So happy for your all, can't wait to follow your journey to your son and what a handsome young man he is! :)

Deb said...

Congratz! This is wonderful news. I love the meaning of his name. Perfect! He is a very handsome young man. I'll be praying that travel dates come quickly.

Margaret said...

hey cyndi - i am so happy for you & your beautiful family! M is the luckiest boy to have you guys for his family! I will keep praying that M's transition will go great and all are overjoyed!
Praise GOD!!!!
Take Care

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Oh my goodness! HUGE CONGRATULATIONS! I feel so blessed to be part of this story of God's grace, Cyndi.

Kristi said...

Congratulations!! What great news :).

Tracy said...

Praising God! How awesome--I'm so happy for your family! We returned home from ET with our son in January. It took us 4 court dates...His timing is perfect! First time visitor...love your blog!

Alycia said...

Yay!!!! Congratulations Cyndi and family!!!! He is precious and so very sweet. We are so happy for your family and praising God right along with you! I can't wait to read more about your journey to bring Mintesinot home!

Blessings my dear friend...

Catherine said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What a handsome son you have and so much fun!! You make a beautiful party of 5!

Praying your travel soon!

Catherine (A friend of D's and A's)

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Praising God with you! Yay!!!!

Cyndi, he looks SO much like Jackson's preschool teacher (also from Ethiopia). I'll have to send a photo when I get a chance.

I am so happy for you guys!!!

Terri

Kim said...

I am so thrilled for you all! He is just so handsome and those eyes must tell a remarkable story! I know you can not wait to go and get him to be home with you all!

I think this is amazing...and I am rejoicing with you, Cyndi!!!

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Cyndi,
I am just getting caught up with some blog reading and Oh how excited and happy I am for you and your family. He is beautiful and adorable in the hat!

What a wonderful time for all of you! May every step in bringing him home be filled with joy!

Praise God for such a wonderful gift from HIm!

Sandy said...

Praise God!

Love & blessings on your family of five!
Sandy

Hen Jen said...

oh wow, I was hoping to come here and find good news!!

God Bless you for making a place in your family for this precious boy.

I am so happy for you, and thanking the Lord for you willingness!

Susanne said...

Oh go on holidays and look at all the excitement I miss! I'm so excited and happy for your family! Congratulations! He's adorable in his funky hat!

King Family said...

We're so happy for you guys. Can't wait to meet him! He's adorable!
What an awesome blessing...God is so good! I can't believe you got Luke to hold a Coke can and actually look happy! That's hilarious!