Saturday, August 19, 2006

For Whom the (Taco) Bell Tolls

I am so easily amused. I just love reading these Taco Bell hot sauce packets! It may mean that I need to get a hobby, but if I do, then so does the curator of The Condiment Packet Museum...

We went to Taco Bell today. We haven't been all summer. Because we haven't had Awana. You see, during the Awana year it's become our family's tradition to drive through Taco Bell after club each Sunday night on the way home. Maybe we started it our first year because we were up there so late and it was advantageous that Taco Bell's drive-thru was open until 2:00 AM. (Just kidding, we're not there quite that late!) Well this weekend we are ringing in our fourth year coordinating our church's Awana club, and as it turns out we drove through "the bell" this afternoon. Here comes a new Awana year, so here comes Taco Bell!

Please pray for us as we have our leader orientation meeting tomorrow and finish registering between 300 and 400 kids these next couple of weeks. It's a big job, but an exciting time for Luke and I as well as our kids who willingingly roll up their sleeves working alongside us, doing whatever we need them to do. I absolutely love being in ministry with my family. I think it's one of the best gifts God has ever given us, truly.

Speaking of those who roll up their sleeves, I am amazed and humbled by those who volunteer in Awana. The Lord so faithfully draws some of the most capable, positive and energetic folks every year. They are more "on fire" than the hot sauce at Taco Bell, and funnier too! Approximately 120 faithful leaders spice up our weekly club meetings with their warm smiles, encouragement for the children, top-notch Bible lessons and crazy games. Sometimes I just stand in the hall and smile, watching them in action.

SO... next time you drive through Taco Bell, think of Awana. Think of our amazing volunteers! (And don't forget to enjoy reading the hot sauce packets...)


Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed
"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15

2 comments:

Lori said...

Cyndi,

Can you please email me an email address at lrlwreath @ yahoo do com. (just put that together in address form) so I can send you an invite to the Danile Study. I have the blog set up that only people who request "invites" can read the blog. I am letting any one who wants to do the study join, but also want it to keep it so we know who is viewing it also. Make sense? As soon as I have a email address I can add you and you can view the blog.

I am excited, I would love to hear what others are getting out of the study also.

Blessings.

Laurel Wreath

Lori said...

I meant "dot come" not "do com" =))