Monday, January 21, 2008

Monday Menu



Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend! I didn't post my menu last week, but here are some of the highlights (for those collecting recipe ideas).

Bar-b-cups (My son requests these every week. Every week.)
Crock Pot Chicken Parmigiana (ALWAYS turns out great!)
Crock Pot Ham and Scalloped Potatoes (from FIFI but this is the same recipe)

Our mozzarella sticks from Deceptively Delicious the week before last turned out great, too. What a fun way to eat cauliflower! We're enjoying this book. It's got great recipes, but also a wealth of nutrition information and suggestions.

Speaking of nutrition, I might not always post it with my recipes, but all of what I cook works with low-fat, healthy choice, low sodium soups, broths, and mixes, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat tortillas, etc. That's all I buy anymore, we've noticed no difference... and things are a bit healthier!

Monday:
B- jelly toast, bacon
L- Baked Potatoes
D- Quick Cheeseburger Bake (made with Bisquick Heart Smart)

Tuesday:
B- whole wheat waffles
L- BBQ brisket, macaroni, mixed veggies
D- Chicken Spaghetti, green beans, salad, bread

Wednesday:
B-sausage biscuits, fruit
L-roast chicken chimichangas (I simplify this recipe and it is SO good!)
D- baked fish

Thursday:
B- cinnamon toast, eggs
L- turkey burgers, sweet potato fries
D- leftovers

Friday:
B- cereal
L- YOYO (you're on you're own)
D- crock pot French Onion Soup <---from my FIFI cookbook, but similar to this recipe

Please visit Laura to share your menu or read others for some great ideas. Have a yummy week!

10 comments:

Stacy said...

Chicken Spaghetti looks great...I may give that a try!!

Susanne said...

I'll have to try those bbq cups out.

Vickie said...

Wow I have heard great things about that book Deceptively Delicious. I had a friend tell me about it this weekend and mention the mozzerella sticks too! I am going to have to try it out.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your sweet comment. I am glad you did so I could find your blog. I am now going to check out your recipes.
Blessings,
Vickie@PursuingSimplicity

Kirstin said...

Thanks for visiting my site Cyndi. Your menu looks great as well. I love the YOYO thing..I may use that term. We too are trying to change things up nutritionally. I absolutely love chimichangas! Several years ago I found a way to make them at home in my oven and still got the "crispy" taste that I love. Can't wait to browse your site more! Be blessed

Sonshine said...

sounds like a yummy week! Thanks for stopping by my blog with your recipe for Taco soup. :)

That chicken spaghetti looks great too! I put that in my list of things to try in the next couple of weeks. :)

kelly said...

thanks for the great ideas!

Monica said...

I LOVE that you post all three meals on your menu. I need to work on that. You have some great recipes that I am looking forward to trying!

Becky said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I bookmarked your BBQ cups to try with the grandsons. The rest of the menu looks yummy, too. Hope you have a good week! :)

Lisa Ridgely said...

I'm going to have to try that French Onion Soup!
Thanks for visiting me! Have a great week!

Deidre said...

Sounds delicious, Cyndi! By the way, we have tried the Bar-B-Cups. My kids love them, too!