Monday, July 10, 2006

His Eye is On the Sparrow

This morning found me once again with my ipod, singing my hymns. I was listening to one of my favorites, "His Eye Is On the Sparrow" as I made my semiweekly trash day journey to the end of the driveway awhile ago. As I walked back up to come in through the garage, I noticed a tiny sparrow perched on the roof above the garage door. I stopped and stood there looking at her (I decided it was a girl!) and she sat with her head cocked to one side, looking at me. The song in my ears reminded me that at that very moment, while we were were watching each other in the cool of the morning, our Creator was holding both of us in His watchful gaze.

We both flitted off to continue feathering our nests and I thanked God for giving me moments like that. He is so faithful!


"I sing because I'm happy
I sing because I'm free,
His eye is on the sparrow...
and I know He watches me."

No comments: