Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Works-for-Me Wednesday


One thing that works for me is having a small checklist posted in each room (out-of-sight, usually inside a cabinet door)which says "This Room is Clean When You Have..." and then a list of what constitutes "clean" for that particular room. (Emptied trash, dusted, vacuumed, straightened books, etc.)It's really helped my kids stay on track with their chores. No more wondering if they're "done" or saying, "But Mo-o-om, I did clean it!" If you've done everything on the list (thoroughly, that is...) you're done!

For more ideas, visit Rocks In My Dryer.

2 comments:

The Roaming Southerner said...

This is great even for me and my hubby to stay on top of the chores in each room. Thanks for the great tip!

Melissa said...

Love that idea! I did a WFMW a few weeks back about a daily chore chart. One of my daughters chores is to clean her room and her bathroom. I need to make a list for those rooms.

Thanks!