Sunday, July 30, 2006

Pages I Love

My sweet son, after reading his Bible the other morning, came into my room and flopped on my bed with it so he could chat with me about what he had been reading. While I was at the mirror putting on my make-up, he read a couple of verses that he had found interesting and we discussed how we each might apply their principle in our lives. I asked him to read me the next section, so he read aloud for a few minutes. Finally he paused, looked down at his Bible, gave a sweeping glance to the page, sighed and said, "Man, I just love this page!" When I asked him why, he said, "Because, all the words are red. Jesus said them." Well, that's a great reason to love that page, to be sure!

Since that morning, as I've been reading through my Bible I have been reminded of pages I have loved. Each of the Bibles I have used over the years have certain pages to which they practically fall open... pages of notes, different colored highlighter, smudges and tear-smears. (Lest I paint too "holy" a picture, each Bible still has pages in it that are still new and stuck together, too!) But, in different seasons certain pages have been my lifeline. Oh, how I have needed those same words, over and over and over. Because God said them.

Right now I'm hanging out in John 5. Maybe someday I'll blog about why. It's definitely a "page I love."

What page(s) do you love?

2 comments:

Holly said...

I just love this post!

Hey, I'm at my parents and can't get to my email. If you guys want to get together tonight, could you call us on my DH's cell? I'm sure your DH has the number. I would email you directly, but we were trying to put your email address together from memory and failing miserably. I may try anyway, but I doubt it'll get to you, so here I ramble....

Holly said...

BTW, John 5 is one of my favorites, too!