Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Works-for-me Wednesday



Well, apparently WFMW hasn't "worked for me" in a few weeks, but I decided to jump back in today. One that Shannon posted a couple of weeks ago was a great idea about using a notebook to organize her life. This reminded me that I do something similar, but a bit simpler (for me).
A few years ago, just when my kids began their involvement in a jillion different activities I found a "multi-pocket folder" at Office Max. I have used this to categorize all of the papers and info that come into our house: team rosters, phone lists, notices, order forms, calendars, schedules, notes about team pictures, etc. I have been through two of them so far! My categories are whatever organizations or groups we are all in in any given school year, so that one resource contains all of the phone numbers for our various classes, teams, Bible studies and co-ops. It has been a lifesaver for me! (And it has worked better for me than a 3 ring binder because I don't have to hole punch anything.) I saw some the other day at Wal Mart that are plastic and have a piece of elastic to hold it closed, which I thought was really clever since it often gets really full, is often grabbed "on-the-run" and is subject to having coffee spilled on it. Perfect for the busy mom!

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: