Wednesday, September 20, 2006
This morning I was mulling over in my mind what "works for me" as I went throughout my routine at home. I became aware that I saw these in just about every cabinet and closet I opened. Apparently, they work for me!
I have become a clear-storage-drawer-aholic! I love them because they come in a wide variety of sizes, are stackable, portable and inexpensive. Here are the various ways I've used them:
* in my bathroom cabinet with all of the first aid supplies (easily accessible by the kids.)
* stacked in my closet and filled with all of my jillions of flip-flops
* in the island in my kitchen with all of the Rubbermaid/Tupperware lids in it, with the containers stacked on top.
* a big, flat one in the bottom of the school closet art projects or school "stuff" that I don't know what to do with. When full, I label it with the date range and stack in in the attic (I'll go through it later... when they leave for college! :::sniff:::)
* in my bathroom closet with all of our travel-sized toiletries, travel iron, travel anything- ready to pack!
* stacked in my laundry room containing all of the different sizes/categories of dishrags, cleaning rags and kitchen towels so they don't take up kitchen drawer/cabinet space
* next to the kids school desks (you can scroll down in that post to see a picture)
* in Bethany's bathroom cabinet, stacked, for all of her hair clips, bands and scrunchies
* stacked in the kids closets with various categories of toys, art supplies and accessories
Anyway, this isn't any new earth-shattering advice that no one else has ever thought of or done, but it certainly works for me! Visit Rocks In My Dryer for more great tips from some super-smart moms.
Have a great Wednesday!