Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Where has the time gone?

I haven't blogged in... ages! Literally. Last time I blogged, I was a year younger. Since my last entry,

I've turned a year older...

We (and 596 other faithfuls) kicked off our Awana year...

We've been to west Texas and back again...

The kids and I have done LOADS of school...

We've had buckets of rain...

The temperature has been down in the 50's...

It's gone back up to the 90's...

Despite my b-day I managed to stay in my 30's (for one more year)...

and Luke celebrated his spiritual birthday!

About an hour ago Luke called to say that they had someone quit today so he had to work a job and drive a rig home, so he would be a little late. I have a homeschool association meeting tonight, and Bethany has graciously agreed to watch a friend's children for her so she can go to the meeting as well. Kyle decided he would go to the meeting too, as it is in a meeting room at a park and he would like to play. I have been finishing preparing all of the new library books for our association (as I am the librarian.) I was also mentally honing what I would speak on tonight (as I am one of the speakers.) About an hour ago I looked at the clock and immediately had that "WHERE has the time GONE???" feeling. Kicking it into high gear, Kyle and I quickly shuffled stuff into the car while Bethany hurriedly smeared each of us a sandwich and put a cooler together (she's going to be a great mom!). I quickly made myself look as presentable as I could, shoved my feet into some flip flops and we all dashed out the door. As we were shooting out of our subdivision, I glanced down at the clock in the car and realized it was 5:35, NOT 6:35. (The meeting starts at 7:00.) Well. Hmph. We turned the car around and came back, ate our sandwiches at a leisurley pace (sitting still and not going 40 mph, no less!)and I hopped on to blog for the first time in, well, ages!

The ironic thing is that the topic I'm speaking on tonight is... "Scheduling."

::sigh::

2 comments:

Mary DeMuth said...

LOL, Cyndi! How ironic is that!

Hey, your influencer copy of Wishing on Dandelions should come soon....

Cyndi said...

YEY!! Thanks so much for sending it. I'm already praying about who to give it to. God SO specifically directed me last time.

I know you must feel like you're going into labor again! I can almost hear you doing your breathing, LOL.