Monday, December 18, 2006

No need for breakfast...

when you start your day with a juicy John Piper quote:

"God has a right to command of us things we cannot perform."

So we'll seek Him, of course.

If you need something to listen to while you wrap gifts or bake this week, I highly recommend his current series on How to Fight for Joy.

He says, "Joy in God is a gift from God."
"Love is rooted in our joy in God."
"People are loved when I am most satisfied in God."

Yep. No need for breakfast, now. I'll be chewing on these thoughts all morning!

Fight for joy today!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

This is soooo very true. We look for joy in all the wrong places and then wonder why we can't find it. I feel like I am on the battlefield daily! But, JOY from God is worth fighting for.

LeftCoastOnlooker said...

thanks, I'll check it out.
Joy vs. happiness is one of our current topics with the kids at church