Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Works-for-me Wednesday


"Mom, where's my uniform???"


Somehow, for some reason, week in and week out, no matter what my laundry "system" has been and despite the fact that every other article of clothing was folded and put away.... uniforms would go missing the morning of the game, class or meeting. I finally just started keeping all uniform t-shirts (sports teams, Awana, Girl Scouts, golf, etc.) or gymnastics/ dance leotards hanging in the laundry room.


When the shirt comes out of the dryer, it immediately goes onto a hanger and onto the clothes bar above the washer. (If I didn't have a clothes bar, I'd probably use an over-the-door hook on the back of the door.) If they don't go in the dryer (like dance and gymnastics leotards) they can simply hang there to dry and then they're right where we need them. If the uniform has socks that go with it, those hang on a clippy-type hanger right beside it. That way, they're always clean and ready to go. Works for me!


For more great tips, visit Rocks In My Dryer.
Have a wonderful Wednesday!

6 comments:

The Roaming Southerner said...

Really simple but it makes great sense!

Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

I would love to do this, or especially the Duggar's idea (they are that family with 16 kids). There are dressers in the laundry room and closet rods on the walls - which doubles as a dressing room. No more hauling dirty clothes to the washer, clean clothes to the bedrooms, and finding the two yr. old dumped her drawers again and somehow dirtied every single thing!

Rae said...

Great tip! =)

Heather said...

Great idea! My oldest is 8, youngest is 4, so I'm just becoming aware of the lovely sound of, "Where is my uniform?" I do make him take it right into the mudroom hamper, but never thought of keeping it there. Thanks for sahring!

Lara said...

The most logical solutions are sometimes the least obvious aren't they? Thanks for figuring this out for us!

Sandy said...

Cindi, Charles and I haven't heard much from you all lately. It's good to hear from you, too.

I'll be back to visit your site!

Sandy