- If the Bible were a blog, would you be on God's site meter today?
- Would His site meter show that you were reading early in the morning? (first thing)
- Would it show multiple page loads?
- How many minutes of reading would it show?
- Do you read the posts, or just the comments? (His Word vs. books about His Word.)
- Are others who show up on His site meter showing you as the referring site? (In other words, are you linking others to His Word?)
- Would His site meter show just one brief check each day, or would it show that you refer to His Word multiple times throughout the day?
- Do you just lurk or actively comment (pray) as you read?
- Do the amount of times you show up on His site meter reflect a hunger for His Word?
God doesn't need a site meter, of course. He knows. And He doesn't need to know I've been reading His Word as some sort of "ego boost" for Himself. I need what He has to say more than anyone needs what I have to say. And although His Word is complete and unchanging, His Word is very much alive, active, and applicable to my ever-changing circumstances. In that sense there are "new posts" daily, and they are a lifeline like no other. He is the Ultimate Blogger.
Let's spike God's site meter today!